You’re finishing up a new book and want to “get the word out”.
You probably wrote it in the first place to get more exposure, right?
We’ve helped authors like you do just that – but through a little bit of an unorthodox approach – giving the book away FREE!
Now, before you click the back button, let me explain.
You see, you wrote the book to get exposure, not to become a rich and famous author.
Sure, that’d be a nice side benefit if it happened, but for most business owners we do it to be referred to as a thought leader and get more people to learn about our business.
So if you could break even on the book, or even lose a dollar or two in order to get a new customer, wouldn’t you?
Of course you would. (and if you’re crazy enough to say you wouldn’t, go ahead and hit the back button now!)
Your book is the gateway drug to get the conversation started – with someone that raised their hand and said they were interested in what you have to offer.
So What is a Growth Funnel?
Just like it sounds, it’s a set of steps that move people from not knowing about you all the way through to doing business with you.
Along the way, you build your email list of potential and future customers.
Exposure to people you otherwise wouldn’t meet. People that like your message. Their email addresses. Do you see the funnel taking shape?
Building Your Growth Funnel
There are a lot of steps to building the funnel, but they all result in your book in the hands of more people that want to do business with you. Here are some steps:
- Schedule an exploration call with us (below). If you’re a fit, we start the steps to your big book launch
- You shoot a video (or we hire someone as your spokesperson) to explain why you’re giving away your book
- We help you get signed up with Active Campaign – the backend system that makes your funnel work
- We advertise for you on Facebook & LinkedIn, promoting your limited-time book giveaway
- We build a ‘landing page’ that encourages visitors to sign up to receive your book
- We build payment and upsell pages that collect
- We build several automation series’ that move the new visitors through your funnel
This entire process takes 45-60 days to get ready. During that time, you’ll receive updates from us about the progress. Along the way you’ll receive worksheets that will help you discover your target market personas, ad templates, brand champion outreach emails and more.
At the end of the build-out, you’ll have:
- An ad system that drives targeted prospects to your website
- A landing page with your video that explains the book and encourages the visitor to give you their first name and email address
- A payment page that helps you cover the cost of shipping your book
- An upsell page that encourages those that buy your book to purchase something at a nice discount (coaching, a private webinar, etc)
- Thank you pages for those that say ‘yes’ and ‘no’
- Several automated email sequences – one to those that don’t buy the book, one to those that do, and one to those that also purchase your upsell
- A system that helps you segment these people for future messaging
- A worksheet that shows your target audience personas and the ad copy we’re using to reach & engage them
There are several costs in building your growth funnel. You may already subscribe to some of these. If so, you won’t have to do it again.
- ActiveCampaign from $9/mo (this depends on the size of your list. You can always start at the $9 program and move up as needed)
- Zapier – $20/mo
- OptimizePress (if you’re using WordPress) – $97/yr
- Gravity Forms Developer Edition – $199/yr
- SSL certificate – $99/yr – if you don’t already have one you’ll need to get this from your hosting company
- Ongoing Facebook & LinkedIn ads – we recommend at least $250/mo for however long you want to run your promotion
- Growth funnel creation & setup – $3400 (our fee to build it all out, payment schedule available)