In today's world people want there answers and they want them right now. It is much easier for an individual to go to a search engine, find a site, browse through the products and order then it is to look in a phone book to see who is around town. By using the internet, we have more information at our fingertips them ever before. I am sure people can come up with hundreds of reasons as to why they should be online, but I will just point out a few important ones.
- Affordable - Getting a website online does not cost a fortune, a few thousand dollars to have a nice site done is not that bad. Now imagine if you were needing a storefront location, you would spend even more money just to move in to the building. With a website you are online and ready with a click of a button. You can find plenty of great tips on this site that will cost you close to nothing to start advertising your website today.
- Quick Answers - This goes back to what I said before about people wanting there answers right now. If someone is looking for "bed comforters", they would rather look at different selections in the comfort of there own home. There is no need to run out to the stores and see what they can buy. You have your website online, they can now browse right then and there without having to go anywhere.
- Always Open - Your website never closes, there are not website hours to follow. People can browse your website any time of the day or night, without having to go anywhere.
- World Wide - Having a website on the internet means you are now showing your product or service to the rest of the world. Maybe you are selling your products from a flea market booth, or you do have a small storefront and are looking for more ways to sell your products. This is another main reason as to why you need to have a website, you are giving yourself the opportunity to show the rest of the world what products or services you have to offer.
- YOU SHOULD - I am not sure how else to say it, but everyone expects you to have a website if you are selling something. This goes back to #2 and people wanting quick answers. If they see your name on a flyer, or in a small paper ad, chances are they will want to go to your website before they even pick up the phone and call you. Your business name is Bobs Custom Comforters, so my first guess would be to try and go to bobscustomcomforters.com or .net. This is why it is essential to have your own website on the internet with today's demand from both business and consumers. If you need custom website design or affordable website hosting then we can help you!
Keep in mind that simply by just having a website on the internet will not ensure you overnight success. That has been a common misconception by many first time website owners. They think by putting there website online, the traffic will automatically start to flow in and they will make more money. You need to market your website effectively on the internet, not just in your print ads. There are a lot of different ways to market your site, however I use the word effectively because there are a lot of marketing services out there that are nothing more then a scam or will produce no results for you. Some of the services such as monthly search engine submissions, some banner impression programs, auto surf traffic sites, buying so called "targeted traffic", link exchange services, etc. I will cover some of these services this week over at SEMSpot.com so you can read up a little more as to why to avoid these types of services. We understand that not everyone has deep pockets for there marketing budget, so we try our best to warn you of services that will waste your money.
This guest post was made by Steve Seeley who authors SEMSpot - Search Engine Marketing Spot